Utah, Utah, United States
- System Design: Collaborate with engineers and clients to understand project requirements, develop control system specifications, and design PLC-based control systems that meet performance, safety, and regulatory standards.
- PLC Programming: Develop, test, and debug PLC programs using industry-standard programming languages (e.g., ladder logic, structured text) and software (e.g., ROC 800, Siemens TIA Portal, Allen-Bradley RSLogix) to control processes and machinery.
- Hardware Selection: Specify and select appropriate hardware components such as PLCs, I/O modules, sensors, actuators, and HMI (Human Machine Interface) panels based on project requirements and budget constraints.
- Integration: Integrate PLC systems with other control and communication systems, including SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems, DCS (Distributed Control System), and MES (Manufacturing Execution System).
- Testing and Validation: Conduct thorough testing and validation of PLC systems to ensure functionality, reliability, and compliance with project specifications. Troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise.
- Documentation: Create comprehensive documentation, including functional design specifications, technical manuals, and user guides, to facilitate system maintenance and future modifications.
- Commissioning: Participate in the commissioning process, including system startup, field testing, and on-site support to ensure that the PLC system operates as intended.
- Maintenance and Support: Provide ongoing support for PLC systems, including diagnosing and resolving system malfunctions, implementing updates and improvements, and responding to emergency service calls as needed.
- Training: Train operators and maintenance personnel on the operation and maintenance of PLC systems to ensure safe and efficient system utilization.
- Stay Informed: Keep up-to-date with the latest advancements in PLC technology, industry trends, and best practices to recommend and implement continuous improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Automation, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience as a PLC Integrator, ideally with 3+ years of experience in designing and programming PLC systems.
- Proficiency in PLC programming languages and software tools.
- Strong knowledge of industrial automation and control systems.
- Familiarity with various PLC hardware and communication protocols.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with cross-functional teams and clients.
- Commitment to safety standards and regulatory compliance.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.